Privacy Notice for Piccadilly Opticians Ltd
We want you to know that when you use our organisation you can trust us with your information. We are determined to do nothing that would infringe your rights or undermine your trust. This Privacy Notice describes the information we collect about you, how it is used and shared, and your rights regarding it.
All of the information that we hold about you is provided to us by yourself. When you have subscribed to our newsletter you have provided the data. We never add anyone to our list.
We will tell you why we need the information and how we will use it.
Our Lawful Basis for processing your information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires all organisations that process personal data to have a Lawful Basis for doing so.
The Lawful Bases identified in the GDPR are:
- Consent of the data subject
- Performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- To protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
- The legitimate interests of ourselves, or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
Examples of legitimate interests include:
- Where the data subject is a client or in the service of the controller
- Transmission within a group of undertakings for internal administrative purposes
- Processing necessary information to ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access
- Processing for direct marketing purposes, or to prevent fraud
- Reporting possible criminal acts or threats to public security
Our lawful basis is consent of the data subject or performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter a contract and our legitimate interest is processing for direct marketing purposes.
We use your information to:
- Provide services and information, for example, our newsletters and information about events.
- Conduct data analysis, testing, and research (including for product development), and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends. For example, where in the world people are reading our newsletters, how many people open each one, etc;
- Maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services;
- Investigate and address your concerns;
- Occasionally communicate with you about products, services, promotions, surveys, news, updates and events;
We do not use automated decision-making in the processing of your personal data.
We collect and process both personal data and special categories of personal data as defined in the GDPR. This includes:
- Customer data
- Phone number
- Location details
- Device IP address and MAC address
- Cookies including Facebook instagram and Google Analytics
We never share your personal data
We retain your personal data while you remain a customer. We will delete or anonymise your information at your request unless:
- There is an unresolved issue, such as claim or dispute;
- We are legally required to; or
- There are overriding legitimate business interests, including but not limited to fraud prevention and protecting customers’ safety and security.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you specific rights around your personal data. For example, you have to be informed about the information we hold and what we use it for, you can ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies with the personal data we hold, you can ask us to stop sending you emails, or in some circumstances ask us to stop processing your details.
If you have registered to receive e-mail communications from us and later change your mind, you may contact us to have your name removed from our distribution lists.
You have the following options to do this:
- you can send an e-mail to email@example.com or
- you can send a letter to the following address:
13 piccadilly Arcade
- For E-commerce tracking;
- Remember user preferences and settings;
- Determine frequency of accessing our content;
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns on platforms such as Facebook instagram and Google Analytics; and
- Analyse site visits and trends.
We will occasionally update our Privacy Notice. When we make significant changes that are relevant to you we will notify you of these by email. We will publish the updated Notice on our website.